Manual Handling and Nurses' Revalidation Course (10 CPD points)
Date: Wednesday 21st March
Location: Milton Keynes
Manual Handling - 6 CPD points
The toll of injuries to nurses, carers and all others who care for people bears testimony to the inescapable fact that manually lifting people or supporting the weight of people is dangerous
The ‘Handling and Safe Movement of People’ half day update is a course that will:
- Give delegates an understanding of how to move safely
- Make delegates aware of correct handling and safe movement techniques
- Enable course members to understand the importance of implementing care plans concerning the person’s mobility
- Demonstrate how to move safely
- Use equipment and safe handling techniques to move patients and an awareness of the hoist and slings and bed work
- State the relevance of using risk assessments and handling care plans and the importance of using assessment tools to determine patients’ mobility
- Introduction to legislation that affects them, their job, their employer and employees:
- - The Manual Handling Operations Regulations (MHOR) 1992 (revised 1998, amended 2002)
- - The Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWA 1999 (revised 2000, revised 2013)
- - The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998 (revised 2002)
- - The Human Rights Act 1998
- - The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998 (revised 2002)
- - Equality Act 2010
Prior to the course, delegates will be forwarded a Test of Comprehension (quiz) which you will need to complete for the trainers to mark and review as part of the course.
Delegates will also receive an Individual Training Record and binder with all course handouts included.
Review of legislation
Review of Musculo-skeletal health and good posture
Patient risk assessment and care plan
Bed work - using an electric four section height adjustable profiling bed, types of slide sheets and their uses, review of techniques including unsafe practice.
Hoist work – Using a hoist: pre-use checks, choosing and using a sling, positioning a sling, review of techniques including unsafe practice.
|Practical session continued - Hoisting and bed work|
|Practical session - sit to stand|
|Summary and close|
You will receive 6 CPD points by attending this Manual Handling course.
Nurses' Revalidation Seminar - 4 CPD points
Our Revalidation Seminar provides all the answers and prepares you for completing your Revalidation in time.
This afternoon seminar covers:
- What the revalidation requirements are and why they are important
- How to achieve each requirement as an agency nurse
- What support ID Medical can offer you
- What courses are available from ID Medical School
- Plus we'll answer any questions you have
You will receive 4 CPD points by attending this seminar, towards the 20 participatory CPD points required, with the opportunity to sign up for further CPD points.
If insufficient payment is received due to incorrect working status with ID Medical your place will not be confirmed until the remaining value is received. In this instance we will email you a payment link for you to make the additional required payment.
ID Medical's Revalidation Support team looks forward to welcoming you to our Nurses' Revalidation Seminar where you will collect 4 CPD hours towards Revalidation.
You will also get the opportunity to complete your remaining participatory CPD hours at a later date, at massively reduced costs when you register with IDM’s Revalidation service, as well as receiving FREE online training all with CPD hours accreditations.
It’s the complete package!
1 – The material and skill training in this course is for training and teaching purposes only.
2 – It is the delegate’s own responsibility to develop sufficient skill for the use of these skills for diagnosis/interventions in their workplace.
3 – The use of these skills in a diagnosis or intervention by the delegate in their daily practice is the sole responsibility of the delegate. The course material, instructors, and ID Medical cannot be held responsible for the delegate’s use of these skills.
|Location||ID Medical, ID House, Unit 1 Mill Square, Milton Keynes, MK12 5ZD|
|Date||Wednesday 21st March|
|CPD Points||10 points|
Switching your place to a future course is not possible. Please note the following cancellation fees apply:
^Minus a £10 admin fee.
ID Medical reserves the right to cancel the course and make a refund in full or transfer the booking if an insufficient number of bookings have been received. PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF THIS WHEN MAKING TRAVEL PLANS.